In 2013, three esteemed theological seminaries in America- each of them in their turn an offspring of Russian Orthodoxy-celebrated major anniversaries: St. Tikhon's Seminary and St. Vladimir's Seminary together marked 75 years, and Holy Trinity Seminary its 65th. As a way of commemorating these joint anniversaries, the select student choirs of the three institutions came together to form a single ensemble for the first time in their respective histories. Gathering at St. Tikhon's Seminary a few days prior to the Sunday of the Prodigal Son, the 25 young men who were invited to participate in the event rigorously prepared to sing Vigil and Divine Liturgy with His Beatitude, Metropolitan Tikhon at St. Tikhon's Monastery (America's oldest Monastery, founded in 1905), and afterwards to perform a public concert. The present CD is a live recording of this concert, which took place on March 3, 2013, in the Episcopal Pro-Cathedral of St. Stephen, Wilkes-Barre Pennsylvania.
1. The Opening Psalm - Sarov Hermitage Chant
2. Blessed is the Man - Pochaev Lavra Chant
3. O Gladsome Light - Valaam Chant
4. Prokimenon, The Lord is King - Solovetsky Monastery Chant
5. Vouchsafe, O Lord - Optina Hermitage Chant
6. St. Symeon's Prayer - A. Kastalsky
7. The Great Doxology - A. Tretyakov
8. To Thee, Our Champion Leader - S. Trubachev
9. Eis Polla Eti Despota - S. Trubachev
10. Trisagion - B. Sheehan
11. Prokimenon, O Lord, Save Thy People - Znamenny Chant
12. Cherubic Hymn - V. Kalinnikov
13. It is Truly Meet - Hieromonk Nafaniel
14. The Lord's Prayer - N. Rimsky-Korsakov
15. One is Holy - Kievan Chant
16. The Father's Embrace - Tone One, "Thy Tomb, O Savior"
17. Many Years - St. Sophia Cathedral Melody
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.